Word of the Day: Gingham

Apparently, gingham is a known word, but it was a new one for me. I must have missed this lesson in Home Economics back in school lol.

Gingham - A yarn-dyed cotton fabric woven in stripes, checks, plaids, or solid colors. 

Gingham has no right or wrong side with respect to color (didn't know that either!). It was originally a striped fabric when imported into Europe in the 17th century, but became a checkered pattern from the mid 18th century.

I was called into a 15 minute quickie meeting one day at work, when one of my female coworkers and I realized that we were both wearing these shirts. Mine was red and hers was blue. Then another coworker said, "Oh, you're both wearing gingham shirts!" Of course I had to inquire about this strange word. I had my coworker write it down on a post-it, and we carried on with our impromptu discussion. I then went back to my desk and brainstormed my next blog post. Here's my red and white gingham shirt, one of my casual favorites.






Keeping it Classy,
Janell
xoxo

2 comments

  1. I love the plaid shirt! I have a yellow one that is short sleeve but I am not quite sure how I am going to wear it! But you rocked yours!


    A Lady and Her Gabi
    aladyandhergabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must look lovely in yellow! You should wear it soon. I've seen people also layering them under sweaters. That's another look that I plan on trying soon.

    ReplyDelete

© Cordially J

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig