"Neutral" Dilemma

Of all the neutrals, black is probably my least favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love black, but sometimes it can look really harsh when accessorizing. Take today's outfit for example. As a result of not planning and preparing my work clothes the night before, I had to just go with the flow this morning. I also woke up late, so I didn't have much time to be creative. I was juggling this outfit in my head earlier this week, but never really tested it before executing. There was no time for trial and error, so I got up, got dressed, and headed out the door. (I showered and what not of course! lol) The main purpose of the colors that I chose was to complement my black and white print jacket. As I mentioned before, I love pieces in a black and white print. Even though it's an overly popular combination, my favorite color to pop it with is red, but every now and then, I use a different color. Today, I used my plum skirt. Unfortunately, to me, the black opaque tights plus the black top plus the black shoes were just a lot of BLACK. So, at the last minute, I threw on this scarf to lighten things up. Not quite what I had in mind, but it worked!









Keeping it Classy,
Janell
xoxo

7 comments

  1. o i love black, but i totally hear what you are saying. i think grey is another great neutral that goes with everything but is less severe than black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket made the outfit "pop" so much more! I love black...its one of my favorite colors to wear.

    -Cherrie
    CherrieAmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color of your skirt is so pretty...really love your jacket as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great blog and photos! I love it :) and I love your skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chic and fabulous look. Love the pink skirt.

    Patience
    Enter my Giveaway to win a $118 Bracelet:
    J-Crew Pave Bracelet Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of that skirt, especially with the jacket!
    Just started following, lovin' your style

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This plum skirt is perfect! I especially love it paired with the jacket!

    ReplyDelete

© Cordially J

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig