Shopping Miracle

If someone asked me what was my best purchase ever, I'd have to say it was these floral Madden Girl pumps by Steve Madden that I bought about a year ago. It was a complete miracle.

One day while scouring the clearance racks at DSW, I came across these lovelies. I had a $10 birthday coupon and a $10 gift certificate, so I was looking for something to use them on. These shoes ended up costing me $0.01. No, that wasn't a typo. I paid ONE CENT in CASH!!! So this is how the story goes....





A few months prior, DSW was running a promo where you could buy a $50 gift card and get a $10 gift card for free. I had a pair of boots that I had bought in Macy's at the time, but I found the exact same pair in DSW for $10 less. So, I bought the $50 gift card, got the free $10 one, returned the boots to Macy's, then bought the same pair in DSW. See what I did there? I basically pocketed $20 with that. I now had this $10 gift card that I needed to spend. Some time later, I received a $10 birthday coupon in the mail. (Gotta love those reward perks!) So, I basically had $20 of "free money" to burn. These pumps were originally $39.94 but were on clearance for 50% off, so I added the $10 gift card and the $10 coupon while checking out. When the cashier told me that my total was only one penny, I was in utter disbelief. She said she had never seen anything like it, and neither had I. I'm yet to pull off such a bargain since that episode. I'm all about doing some hardcore shopping. Now according to my calculations, they owed me about $0.03 since all promos are calculated off of the discounted price which in this case was the 50% off of $39.94, but hey, I didn't argue with them and I didn't want to. I don't mind paying $0.01. I guess they had to charge me SOMETHING. Some crazy person out there might have picked a fight with them over a couple pennies though lol.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was very relaxing...for once. Here's to the week ahead!


Keeping it Classy,
Janell
xoxo

6 comments

  1. Cute shoes! Can't believe you only had to pay 1 cent for them. Talk about a bargain, lol!

    Kendra
    Closet Confections - A Sweet Little Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute! can't wait to see how you wear them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable!!! I would have shouted right in that store, lol. What a fab bargain! Now let's see them in an outfit post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are adorable and for 1 cent!!! GREAT FIND!

    http://frugalbiggirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cute shoes!! Gotta love DSW!!

    Cute blog btw. Check out my blog asassywoman.com :)

    ReplyDelete

© Cordially J

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig