One-Year Bloggerversary!

In all the craziness of that thing called life, it completely slipped me that yesterday was my blog's one-year bloggerversary! Yep, that's right people. It's already been one year since I embarked on this journey and joined the blogosphere, and let me tell you, it has been an enjoyable ride.

Back in November 2010, I stumbled across a fashion blog that I was literally obsessed with. That blog led me to other blogs which led me to other blogs, and before you know it, I was a regular blog reader. It was a whole new world for me and an exciting one at that. My sister has her own online retail store back in Antigua. I often work with her to find great outfits for the business, and you can imagine the joy I get in doing it. Sometimes, I get a bit more enthusiastic than she does when we find a super cute item, and I automatically start thinking of ways her clients should wear the item lol. With my newfound addiction to fashion blogs added to assisting her with the buying, I NEEDED to do something else fashion-related to take care of the intense craving. At first I thought of adding a mini blog for my sister's site, then I thought what the heck, why not just start my own blog?!?! And so, Fashionable You was born.

I love doing this. First and foremost, I do it for me. This has become such an enjoyable hobby to help me relax on stressful days, that I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Secondly, I do this for women out there that are experiencing fashion dilemmas. I'm no fashion expert, but if I can help at least one person, then I'm happy with that. I'm so thankful for all my readers. Even if it is only one person reading the blog, I'm still grateful that someone took the time out to read what I sometimes think is just me rambling on and on.

Of course I had to throw in an outfit to mark this occasion! I don't know why, but lately I've been incorporating a lot of blues into my outfits. What I like mostly about today's look is that it can also be dressed down with some sandals or flats and minimal jewelry for a more casual feel.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine will be spent in the library preparing for my upcoming exams. This is exactly what I meant by "that crazy thing called life." Haha!






Keeping it Classy,
Janell
xoxo

2 comments

  1. congrats on the anniversary - love this outfit! Following you now :-)

    Sarahsavvystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Cordially J

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig