Under My Umbrella Ella Ella, Ay Ay Ay

The temperature cooled down 30-40 degrees from yesterday, so I guess Texas' weather is no longer confused. Not only did it cool down, but it also rained. Today was a chilly and rainy day, much different from what we've been experiencing so far. It was the perfect opportunity to break out my favorite fall trench coat. Add my wrap sweater to that, and I was all set. I love the wide sleeves of the sweater which make it perfect for layering. I did this by pairing it with a simple black three-quarter sleeve tee. But, the best part of today's outfit was the umbrella. I could have gone for a simple black umbrella, but no. I needed something that popped. So, when I was looking for a new over-sized umbrella months ago, this one reached out to me among the sea of boring black ones. Imagine walking down the road on a rainy day and seeing a lime umbrella in the midst. It's sure to pop.

Styling tip: Accessories are a great way to add a pop of color and visual interest to an outfit. But, accessories do not have to be only jewelry and handbags. Try other elements in the outfit to make it shine. Today, I embraced the cold, rainy weather by having fun with my lime umbrella. It brought brightness to a rather dreary day.








This is my "Hurry up and take the picture. I'm cold...grrrrr" face LOL.



P.S. - In case the title of this post had you singing the song in your head, listen to it here.


Keeping it Classy,
Janell
xoxo

3 comments

  1. love it! umbrellas are definitely a GREAT accessory. i had to stop myself from spending $35 on one the other day. it was sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! I love the color of your shoe!!!! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love your use of the umbrella as an accessory!

    -Cherrie
    CherrieAmore.com

    ReplyDelete

© Cordially J

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig