DFW Blogger Meetup - May 2011

So this meetup took place a week ago. Better late than never, so here it is!
Last Saturday was the May meetup for the DFW Bloggers Network at The Body Shop in Northpark Mall. Once again, Elissa from Dress with Courage organized the event.  Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always loved this store. The Body Shop, a U.K. company, is the second largest cosmetic company in the world, and it has stores in many countries. I remember going into the store at Christmas time with my friends and buying gift baskets for Christmas presents. Ahh, the memories....
Brian, the store manager, told us that this was the first time that The Body Shop USA had hosted an event for bloggers. Luckily for us, they pulled out all the stops. They opened the store early at 9:30 and had breakfast from  Chick-Fil-A waiting. 
I spun the wheel and won a coupon for a free chicken sandwich…yayyy me!
We got a quick rundown of the company and what they do. The Body Shop sets itself apart from other cosmetic companies. It uses all natural ingredients and is 100% against animal testing. The Body Shop is also a part of a global campaign to stop sex trafficking of children and young people. Stop by the store at Northpark to sign the petition.




Brian told us an interesting story about some pots from Indonesia that didn’t make it on a shipment to the U.S. because of a donkey. The pots are usually transported to the airport via donkey, and...well…the donkey died! So the pots didn’t make it on time…so sad for that donkey. He found one in the store and was able to share it with us. 
After the intro, we were given goodie bags consisting of samples and coupons. We were also treated to several free services that the staff had set up for us. There was a station to have our hands exfoliated. I didn’t try this, and I wish I had gotten the name of the product, but I do remember that it was mango scented…yum. We also had foot treatments and makeup consultations. I treated myself to the makeup consultation.



I was really impressed with the lip colour that I had on, so I ended up purchasing it. It unfortunately doesn’t say what shade it is, only a bunch of numbers, or maybe I’m missing it! It goes great with the Cherry Glimmer Hi-Shine lip gloss that I also bought that has a cherry scent…yumm again. That’s one thing I love about The Body Shop; everything smells so good that you could almost eat it! I also bought a skin primer that you apply on your face before applying makeup so that it lasts longer. One thing that caught my eye was this facial massager. It was an interesting little thing...I had to give it a try. It boots radiance and helps your skin better absorb moisture. I haven’t used it as yet, but I’m excited.

So once again I wore a dress that came with its original band that was just too boring for me, so I swapped it out with my own belt, paired it with some brown wedges, and….ta da!!!




Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Don't forget to leave me your thoughts.

Keeping it Classy,
Janell
xoxo

2 comments

  1. Good info J. Love the outfit and learned a bit about Body Shop but my loyalty lies elsewhere (wink). The donkey story was quite funny actually. You should have told them that we have lots of useless donkeys in Antigua.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nika. That's true actually. We have lots of donkeys that they could use :)

    ReplyDelete

© Cordially J

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig